The Hilton Birmingham Metropole is situated next to the NEC, Genting Arena, Birmingham International Train Station and Birmingham Airport.
The nearest train station to the Hilton is Birmingham International. It is a 10-15 minute walk from the station through the adjacent National Exhibition Centre or you can take a taxi from the station.
To walk to the hotel:
- pass through the ticket barriers and turn right, following signs for the NEC, Resorts World and Genting Arena.
- At the end of a long walkway, take the stairs or escalator down, pass through the doors and go straight ahead, passing a branch of Subway on your left.
- Turn right by the cloakrooms (Cornish Bakery on your right), pass Martin’s News on your left and descend by the steps, ramp or lift to ground level.
- Exit via the doors ahead of you (next to a branch of Starbucks).
- Bear left past the bus stop and look ahead of you for a signpost to the Hilton Birmingham Metropole.
- This will take you round the edge of a building site, after which the footpath passes Pendigo Lake and runs through wooded gardens for about two hundred yards until it reaches the hotel.
- Useful maps from the NEC showing the surroundings and the interior layout
From Birmingham New Street
- Take the train to Birmingham International Station.
- The journey normally takes around 10-15 minutes depending on the time of day.
The nearest airport is Birmingham International Airport. There is a free Air-Rail monorail Link that takes two minutes to get to the Birmingham International station. It operates between 03:30 and 00:30 hours daily. From the station you can either walk, following the directions above, or take a taxi.
For the benefit of your sat-nav, the full address of the hotel is:
Hilton Birmingham Metropole
THE NEC BIRMINGHAM
From the South
- Leave the M40 at Junction 17.
- Use the left 2 lanes to take the M42/Railway Station/Airport exit to M1/M6/Birmingham (E,N & C)/Solihull/N.E.C.
- Merge onto M42 for 7.7miles.
- Use the left 2 lanes to take the A45(W) exit towards Birmingham (E).
- Keep right, following signs for A45/Coventry (S&W).
- At Bickenhill Interchange, take the 2nd exit onto South Way.
- Continue straight to stay on South Way for 0.2miles. South Way turns slightly right and becomes Pendigo Way.
- Keep left to continue towards Pendigo Way and merge onto Pendigo Way for 0.2miles.
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Harbet Drive. The hotel is on the left.
From the North
- At Junction 6 of the M42, use the left lane to take the A45 exit to B'ham(E) Airport/N.E.C. & Coventry.
- Keep left, following signs for N.E.C.
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto East Way.
- At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Pendigo Way.
- At the next roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Harbet Drive. The hotel will be on the left.